Rahul Gandhi protests at DCP office after police allegedly refuse FIR for pellet-injured student
· Scroll
Visit mwafrika.life for more information.
Opposition leader Rahul Gandhi on Friday held a sit-in protest outside the Delhi deputy commissioner of police’s office demanding that a first information report be registered on a complaint by a student who was injured by pellet gun fire during the youth protest in the national capital on July 20.
The Congress said that the student, Sahil Lochav, submitted a written complaint on August 14. But the police refused to register an FIR, the party alleged.
Lochav approached the police again on August 17, but his emails and calls were ignored, the Congress alleged.
“This is blatant injustice,” the Congress said on social media.
Gandhi has repeatedly alleged that the police had used pellet guns against Lochav and other protesters when they were marching towards Parliament on July 20.
Lochav had been “severely injured by the pellets” and his “vision in one eye is now at risk”, the Congress leader has alleged.
On Friday, Gandhi once again criticised Union Home Minister Amit Shah and Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the police crackdown.
He asked Shah why he was “so scared of justice” and asserted that an FIR will be filed.
“A judicial inquiry will take place,” Gandhi added. “And action will be taken against everyone – from top to bottom – who is guilty of this brutality.”
The July 20 march to Parliament had been organised...