PSG Still in Talks for 16-Year-Old Young Striker
· Yahoo Sports
While PSG accelerated their transfer activity last week by signing two new offensive players, they are still in discussions with Montpellier for their promising centre-forward, Lacine Megnan-Pave, who was again decisive this weekend in Ligue 2.
Visit h-doctor.club for more information.
PSG made official last weekend the signings of Ferran Torres and Mika Godts, two players who will bring competition in attack and additional solutions to Luis Enrique, who can also count on Ousmane Dembele, Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, Desire Doue and Maghnes Akliouche in the attacking sector, not to mention Quentin Ndjantou and Senny Mayulu, who can also play in attack.
PSG also still has Ibrahim Mbaye and Bradley Barcola under contract, but the two wingers are likely to leave before the end of the transfer window and were not on the match sheet against Lens on Sunday night. If another departure occurs up front, PSG still plans to strengthen in this area before Sept. 1 and the end of the transfer window, as L'Equipe has explained in recent days.
The profile of this additional offensive reinforcement is not yet known, but if Mbaye and Barcola leave, PSG will likely lean toward a wide player with speed and the ability to attack space in behind. At the same time, Luis Campos is preparing for the future and is still considering young Lacine Megnan-Pave, a promising Montpellier centre-forward just 16 years old.
A scorer in his first appearance in Ligue 2 with Montpellier on Aug. 8 against Dijon, Megnan-Pave took advantage of his teammate Mamadou Camara's injury last Friday to be named a starter by his coach, Zoumana Camara, against Nancy. And Megnan-Pave provided the assist on the only goal of the match, scored by Yanis Issoufou.
"With the coach, we had talked about it. I had to make a run between the defenders. Greg (Ayem) sent it to me. I heard Yanis (Issoufou). I didn't necessarily see him, but I heard him. I put it (the ball) to him, and it worked," the young Montpellier striker said after the match, in comments reported by Midi-Libre.
Megnan-Pave also spoke to journalists about the noise surrounding his future and said he wants to "stay calm." "You always have to stay calm. You must not create scenarios in your head. You live in the present moment, and you see what happens. I know I'm 16, and that's not insignificant. But age... let's say we get past that. Age doesn't mean anything," he said.
While he has already agreed with PSG, according to several sources, Megnan-Pave hopes in the short term "to get as much playing time as possible to gain my own experience" and will have to wait until the end of the transfer window to know whether he will stay at Montpellier this season.
According to the latest reports from Foot Mercato, PSG continues to discuss and make progress with Montpellier, which has already rejected several Parisian offers, the last of around 10 million euros, according to L'Equipe. Laurent Nicollin has warned in the press that he is not a seller unless there is a "totally irrational offer."
A transfer of Megnan-Pave before the end of the transfer window, followed by an immediate loan back to Montpellier, is a credible scenario which could satisfy both the player and Montpellier. According to Foot Mercato, the question now is whether PSG is ready to accept such a scenario. That point remains to be clarified.
Achraf Hakimi Sends Strong Message to LFP After PSG's Trophy LossAchraf Hakimi criticises LFP after PSG's Trophee des Champions loss to Lens. The captain says conditions were not neutral.